One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in fashion and design) the use of contrasting blocks or panels of solid, typically bright color.‘coral leather looked infinitely cool styled with a cobalt skirt—a modern lesson in colorblocking’‘from graphic prints to bold colorblocking, black and white footwear is a must-have for spring’
- ‘This dining room went a step further by experimenting with colorblocking.’
- ‘This bold-printed dress wasn't made for wallflowers, but the colourblocking and pattern cut a fierce hourglass shape.’
- ‘Vogue's laid-back look featured two of our favorite Summer trends: pastels and colorblocking.’
- ‘Roy used a wave of coral colorblocking in a more fitted sleeveless dress.’
- ‘Olivia took colorblocking to chic heights in the front row of Hindmarch's show at LFW.’
- ‘Nicole makes a strong case for pastel colourblocking with her lavender locks and see-through cropped top.’
- ‘For Spring 2014, Burton is making sure you're seen with strong hues, colourblocking, bold prints and sunshine shades.’
- ‘Colourblocking and fabric-folding continue on from fall.’
- ‘The use of colorblocking on this Mignon gown breaks up your daughter's frame, making her appear a bit shorter.’
- ‘It's a set of tailored separates with an optimistic twist at Paul Smith, thanks to primary brights and playful colorblocking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.