One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Colorado or its inhabitants.‘Coloradan geological and natural features’
- ‘Douglas County, or Dougco in Coloradanparlance, lies to the south of Denver.’
- ‘If you think that this makes the law unenforceable, congratulations: you're in broad agreement with more than one Coloradan county sheriff.’
- ‘Education reformers won in Coloradan elections, though voters shot down a $1 billion tax hike to raise money for schools.’
- ‘He was formally nominated as the first black candidate of a major US political party at the Democratic National Convention in the Coloradan capital.’
- ‘The South Platte River system, which flows east through the Coloradan plateau, is splattered with cattle ranches, sheep pastures, and dairy farms.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Colorado.‘this Coloradan has a promising future’
- ‘She tells her story of being a fifth-generation Coloradan who was raised by a single mother.’
- ‘We Coloradans like our outdoors and we like our movies.’
- ‘We're looking forward to seeing more from this young Coloradan this season.’
- ‘A native Coloradan, she graduated magna cum laude from Syracuse University's S.I.’
- ‘Hundreds of thousands of Coloradans will have new dental care benefits in 2014 under twin health-reform efforts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.