One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of alternative medicine based on the use of color, especially projected colored light.
- ‘You might need aromatherapy, a special diet, color therapy, sound therapy or massage.’
- ‘For the less energetic, treats for the mind and body included poetry writing, tai chi, beauty makeovers and colour therapy.’
- ‘I use a lot of yoga and colour therapy as well.’
- ‘She's also tried the herb St John's Wort, homoeopathy, meditation and colour therapy (she rates orange the most effective), as well as conventional drugs.’
- ‘Believe it or not, many spas offer something called color therapy.’
- ‘‘As a deputy head, I had to do a lot of work with disaffected, demotivated children, and I wanted to use my skills in drama, colour therapy and counselling,’ she says.’
- ‘The colours are based on colour therapy theories which say that certain colours effect certain organs and moods.’
- ‘Recipes for remedies, as well as meals, incorporate herbs, edible flowers, and even color therapy.’
- ‘Similarly, ultra-indulgent home care and self-care products such as herbal facial steamers, ultrasonic tooth brighteners and color therapy visors are being successfully sold at spas.’
- ‘The hotel itself is also 4-star and comes equipped with pool, colour therapy sauna, steam room, gym, tennis courts and spa.’
- ‘All charged full of vitality and drive, these colors reflect the principles of color therapy and new age philosophy.’
- ‘Homeopathy, light therapy and colour therapy all seek to restore balance to the systems of the human body.’
- ‘Maybe because red is a stimulant in colour therapy, a team in red is more switched on, more alert and aggressive.’
- ‘Sensitivity to colour lies deep within the human psyche and colour therapy has long been a feature of alternative healing.’
- ‘He added essential oils, herbs, homeopathy, seasonal remedies, minerals and colour therapy to develop a comprehensive system of Energy Medicine that would address the needs of the West.’
- ‘Aromatherapy incorporates yin and yang, reflexology, shiatsu, pressure points, vibrational healing, colour therapy, crystals and meditation.’
color therapy/ˈkələr ˈTHerəpē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.