Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system of alternative medicine based on the use of color, especially projected colored light.
- ‘Sensitivity to colour lies deep within the human psyche and colour therapy has long been a feature of alternative healing.’
- ‘The colours are based on colour therapy theories which say that certain colours effect certain organs and moods.’
- ‘I use a lot of yoga and colour therapy as well.’
- ‘The hotel itself is also 4-star and comes equipped with pool, colour therapy sauna, steam room, gym, tennis courts and spa.’
- ‘All charged full of vitality and drive, these colors reflect the principles of color therapy and new age philosophy.’
- ‘Aromatherapy incorporates yin and yang, reflexology, shiatsu, pressure points, vibrational healing, colour therapy, crystals and meditation.’
- ‘You might need aromatherapy, a special diet, color therapy, sound therapy or massage.’
- ‘‘As a deputy head, I had to do a lot of work with disaffected, demotivated children, and I wanted to use my skills in drama, colour therapy and counselling,’ she says.’
- ‘For the less energetic, treats for the mind and body included poetry writing, tai chi, beauty makeovers and colour therapy.’
- ‘Recipes for remedies, as well as meals, incorporate herbs, edible flowers, and even color therapy.’
- ‘She's also tried the herb St John's Wort, homoeopathy, meditation and colour therapy (she rates orange the most effective), as well as conventional drugs.’
- ‘Maybe because red is a stimulant in colour therapy, a team in red is more switched on, more alert and aggressive.’
- ‘Similarly, ultra-indulgent home care and self-care products such as herbal facial steamers, ultrasonic tooth brighteners and color therapy visors are being successfully sold at spas.’
- ‘Believe it or not, many spas offer something called color therapy.’
- ‘Homeopathy, light therapy and colour therapy all seek to restore balance to the systems of the human body.’
- ‘He added essential oils, herbs, homeopathy, seasonal remedies, minerals and colour therapy to develop a comprehensive system of Energy Medicine that would address the needs of the West.’
color therapy/ˈkələr ˈTHerəpē/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.