One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A genetic or seasonal variation in the color of the skin, pelt, or feathers of an animal.
- ‘The Ferruginous Hawk has a light and a dark color phase.’
- ‘Rough-legged Hawks are variable in plumage, with light and dark color phases and variations in between.’
- ‘But whether we can report a new color phase or an entirely new species, it is an important step in cataloging Cambodia's wildlife treasures at a turning point in the country's history.’
- ‘The third color phase occurs during the first pelage of young wolves.’
- ‘Now that we know that such bears can be found, it means we are probably looking at a new color phase or subspecies, which is important to document - or possibly a new species of bear, which would be a major biological discovery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.