One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flexible fiber-optic instrument inserted through the anus in order to examine the colon.
- ‘Your doctor will probably look inside your intestines with a sigmoidoscope or a colonoscope.’
- ‘The colonoscope not only allows identification and localization of the disease process, but also allows biopsy or even removal of polyps.’
- ‘Resting comfortably on one side, most people feel only a little discomfort as the colonoscope is carefully inserted into the back passage.’
- ‘However, endoscopes can only examine the upper portions of the digestive system, while colonoscopes study the lower portion, or colon.’
- ‘Also called a colonoscope or coloscope, this instrument is a long, thin tube inserted through the anus and attached to a TV monitor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.