One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flexible fiber-optic instrument inserted through the anus in order to examine the colon.
- ‘Resting comfortably on one side, most people feel only a little discomfort as the colonoscope is carefully inserted into the back passage.’
- ‘Also called a colonoscope or coloscope, this instrument is a long, thin tube inserted through the anus and attached to a TV monitor.’
- ‘Your doctor will probably look inside your intestines with a sigmoidoscope or a colonoscope.’
- ‘The colonoscope not only allows identification and localization of the disease process, but also allows biopsy or even removal of polyps.’
- ‘However, endoscopes can only examine the upper portions of the digestive system, while colonoscopes study the lower portion, or colon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.