One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The enclosed rooms are separated by small gardens, but tied together to the west by a long colonnaded veranda that runs the whole length of the building.’
- ‘Built incrementally, it was originally a theatre, with a pleasingly symmetrical Italianate colonnaded frontage facing the town's main square.’
- ‘The Parliament building is a huge and austere '20s stripped Classical block a la Tengbom in pink Finnish granite by J. S. Siren, massively colonnaded and raised on a daunting stepped plinth.’
- ‘Roman cities thrived on unplanned diversity - colonnaded buildings around the forum at the heart of each town were used as shops, meeting rooms and places of work and recreation.’
- ‘The grape harvest is received and sorted in a colonnaded courtyard at the east end of the site, where an oversailing roof canopy shades and signposts the entrance to the great vat shed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.