Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A water enema given to flush out the colon.
- ‘The therapist, who was born Panna Lal Palta in India, offered colonic irrigation, massages and reflexology classes.’
- ‘During their stay, they undergo regular colonic irrigation, and drink odd herbal remedies that are said to have rejuvenating properties.’
- ‘The most hotly debated issue, among those who want to detoxify at speed, is the virtue of colonic irrigation.’
- ‘Medical opinion is divided on colonic irrigation.’
- ‘Articles on feng shui, crystal therapy, iridology, colonic irrigation, herbalism and faith healing sweep the media every week.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.