Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another term for colonic irrigation.See also colonic irrigation
- ‘There are records describing colon therapy that go back 3500 years to the Ebers Papyrus of ancient Egypt.’
- ‘These colon therapies not only cleanse and tone, but also eliminate toxic build up and debris, and increase the body's ability to both absorb nutrients and purge waste.’
- ‘It has become popular again, and many people seek colon therapy for detox and to improve health and well-being.’
- ‘When this treatment is done in conjunction with colon therapy, the cleansing is more thorough.’
- ‘No evidence exists to support the use of colon therapy, and treatment can cause infection and mineral and electrolyte imbalances that can be dangerous.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.