One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A few hundred metres to the east, the trachy-phonolitic breccias, debris flows, colluvial and alluvial deposits of Agulo record the volcanic activity and the erosion of the east flanks of the Vallehermoso stratovolcano.’
- ‘In addition, secondary topaz crystals, released from matrix by erosional forces, have been found in both alluvial and colluvial sediments adjacent to topaz-bearing pegmatites.’
- ‘Allochthonous sediments enter the cave system through a number of processes, including aeolian, fluvial, colluvial, biogenic, glacial, marine, and human activity.’
- ‘Recent faulting is expressed as freshly exposed soil within the colluvial apron visible by its light tan colour.’
- ‘The increase of phosphorus and potassium from the bottomlands to ridge tops recorded in our study is the reverse of the more usual pattern of having richer colluvial aprons in the valleys within the Pennsylvania Ridge and Valley Province.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.