Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An organization that prepares and administers standardized tests that are used in college admission and placement.
- ‘The study was funded by The College Board, GE Foundation, The George Gund Foundation, the W. K. Kellogg Foundation and Knowledge Works Foundation.’
- ‘LISA TAYLOR-HENDERSON has been elected to the St. Louis Community College Board of Trustees.’
- ‘‘We believe it is… a very good offer,’ says College Board President Carl Nicholson Jr. of Hattiesburg.’
- ‘Following the board's study, on 27 November 1901 Secretary Root established a War College Board by General Order 155.’
- ‘‘Michigan welcomes the changes in the SAT because the writing test will provide more information about students, giving colleges a better chance at making good-fit decisions,’ says Spencer, who is also a College Board trustee.’
- ‘Now more than 400 colleges and universities invite high school seniors to apply ahead of the crowd, a College Board survey found.’
- ‘Despite rising college prices, students may not have to pay more up front to enroll, according to a College Board report.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.