One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A trademark or service mark that identifies members of a union, cooperative, or other collective organization.
- ‘Certification mark, collective mark or collective trademark rights shall neither be transferred nor licensed to others, nor shall such rights serve as the subject of a pledge.’
- ‘There are also collective marks known as certification marks, which function as a guarantee and control mechanism.’
- ‘Registration and examination procedure for a collective mark is in the same manner as other trademark or service mark applications.’
- ‘This lesson explores the Lanham Act provisions governing federal registration of collective marks and certification marks.’
- ‘Specimens for a collective mark registration must show the collective mark used by a member, on, or in connection with goods or services offered by the member.’
- ‘Traditionally collective marks indicate commercial origin of goods or services from members of a group.’
- ‘Because of this feature of U.S. trademark law, GIs can also be protected as trademarks or collective marks.’
- ‘The provisions of this Act shall apply in relation to collective marks subject to the following provisions of this Schedule.’
- ‘Ecobulpack pointed out that the Green Dot is a collective mark and not a trademark and as such does not merit an exclusive licence.’
- ‘Enterprises and institutions which conform to the provision of Article 2 of the Regulations and qualify as legal persons may apply for the registration of collective marks or certification marks.’
- ‘So collective marks occupy the middle ground between certification marks and ordinary trade marks.’
- ‘An example of a collective mark in the United States is the American Automobile Association, AAA.’
- ‘The regulations governing the use of a registered collective mark shall be open to public inspection in the same way as the register.’
- ‘Assignment of collective marks shall be registered on application therefor, unless the mark, in the hands of the assignee, is liable to mislead the public.’
- ‘Contrary to a collective mark, a certification mark is not owned by an association.’
- ‘Most countries require that an application for a collective mark be accompanied by a copy of the regulations which govern the use of the collective mark.’
- ‘Article 17 The collective members of the registrant of a collective mark may use the collective mark after going through the procedure under the regulation governing the use of the mark.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.