One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is hard to be more European than the Dutch: a small country, collaterally invaded in 1940 during the German attack on France, with a location that makes them a great transport hub.’
- ‘It is not sufficient if the question arose collaterally or incidentally in the earlier proceedings or is one that must be inferred by argument from the judgment.’
- ‘Setting aside the procedural question whether the court's order could be challenged collaterally in a contempt hearing - as opposed to on appeal - it seems to me that the order is unconstitutionally broad and viewpoint-based.’
- ‘We simply cannot afford to collaterally alienate the people we are trying to influence, liberate, protect, or aid.’
- ‘In other words, Herbert holds that relativism-and hence, collaterally, relativity-is the best and perhaps the only check against intolerance and violence toward those whose beliefs differ from one's own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.