One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The main structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues, widely used in purified form for cosmetic surgical treatments.‘vitamin C plays a vital role in the formation of collagen’as modifier ‘she was given a collagen injection to smooth out wrinkles in her forehead’
- ‘The protein collagen is responsible for the tough qualities of connective tissue.’
- ‘Protein is crucial for the production of collagen and elastin, the protein fibres that keep skin supple and elastic’
- ‘Without dietary vitamin C, the human animal cannot properly synthesize collagen.’
- ‘A protein called collagen leaks out from around the injured areas, causing inflammation.’
- ‘Among these, collagen is the major structural protein and is the most abundant in the human body.’
Mid 19th century: from French collagène, from Greek kolla ‘glue’ + French -gène (see -gen).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.