One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Something produced by two or more people working together, especially a piece of music; a collaboration.‘the trio won a Grammy for their hit collabo with the Gorillaz’
- ‘The site has had, for some time now, a strange fascination with the Christo and Jean-Claude collabo.’
- ‘It's a natural collabo, dahling.’
- ‘I also knew I wanted to do a collabo with Young Einstein, whom I had met while touring with Ugly Duckling (he's their producer and DJ).’
- ‘Not only have we got the album to get excited about, but a collabo with this one dude who has to be, quite simply, the baddest beat boxer in the world.’
- ‘He penned a track for the upcoming Willie Nelson collabo album.’
- ‘What kind of bizarro pop collabo is this? Arcade Fire and Cyndi Lauper teamed up to play the '80s star's Girls Just Want To Have Fun at the New Orleans Jazz Fest.’
- ‘It's been over a decade since their first collabo, Dance Hall at Louse Point, so get your tickets now before they sell out!’
- ‘Then he can move onto a DualDisc collabo with Animal Collective and Will Oldham.’
- ‘The odds of that happening were about the same as an Eminem/Moby collabo.’
- ‘I would love to do a collabo with her in future if she would be interested.’
- ‘His collabo, Breathe with Blu Cantrell, is a dance floor hit.’
- ‘The guys are busy doing collabos with some US artistes.’
- ‘On Tuesday night, Bieber posted a link on Twitter to a short video from Carey talking about her "festive collabo" and how thrilled she is about it.’
- ‘The album kicks off with positive energy with the collabo Starting All Over Again with Oleta Adams.’
- ‘"Who Is She 2U" is just a delicious taste of the fruits of this collabo, but again, the commercial response was underwhelming.’
- ‘Anyway, the collabo is going to be a new version of the Arctic Monkeys' hit I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor.’
- ‘How's that for an odd collabo?’
- ‘We wanted more solo Foster, but settled for the excellent Born Heller collabo with Jason Ajemian.’
1990s: abbreviation of collaboration.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.