Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Something produced by two or more people working together, especially a piece of music; a collaboration.‘the trio won a Grammy for their hit collabo with the Gorillaz’
- ‘We wanted more solo Foster, but settled for the excellent Born Heller collabo with Jason Ajemian.’
- ‘How's that for an odd collabo?’
- ‘What kind of bizarro pop collabo is this? Arcade Fire and Cyndi Lauper teamed up to play the '80s star's Girls Just Want To Have Fun at the New Orleans Jazz Fest.’
- ‘The guys are busy doing collabos with some US artistes.’
- ‘Then he can move onto a DualDisc collabo with Animal Collective and Will Oldham.’
- ‘The odds of that happening were about the same as an Eminem/Moby collabo.’
- ‘The album kicks off with positive energy with the collabo Starting All Over Again with Oleta Adams.’
- ‘On Tuesday night, Bieber posted a link on Twitter to a short video from Carey talking about her "festive collabo" and how thrilled she is about it.’
- ‘He penned a track for the upcoming Willie Nelson collabo album.’
- ‘Not only have we got the album to get excited about, but a collabo with this one dude who has to be, quite simply, the baddest beat boxer in the world.’
- ‘The site has had, for some time now, a strange fascination with the Christo and Jean-Claude collabo.’
- ‘I also knew I wanted to do a collabo with Young Einstein, whom I had met while touring with Ugly Duckling (he's their producer and DJ).’
- ‘His collabo, Breathe with Blu Cantrell, is a dance floor hit.’
- ‘Anyway, the collabo is going to be a new version of the Arctic Monkeys' hit I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor.’
- ‘It's been over a decade since their first collabo, Dance Hall at Louse Point, so get your tickets now before they sell out!’
- ‘I would love to do a collabo with her in future if she would be interested.’
- ‘It's a natural collabo, dahling.’
- ‘"Who Is She 2U" is just a delicious taste of the fruits of this collabo, but again, the commercial response was underwhelming.’
1990s: abbreviation of collaboration.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.