Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the lining of the colon.
- ‘IBS does not lead to colon cancer or ulcerative colitis or any other serious diseases.’
- ‘Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.’
- ‘C Difficile is an infection in the intestine which causes diarrhoea and colitis, an inflamed colon.’
- ‘Stress can worsen symptoms of conditions such as peptic ulcer, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.’
- ‘Quality of life can be much improved as removal of the colon cures the symptoms of ulcerative colitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.