One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgical removal of all or part of the colon.
- ‘Indications for colectomy include colon polyps, diverticulitis, and IBD.’
- ‘Patients who experience life-threatening hemorrhage, toxic megacolon, or fulminant colitis need emergent surgical management, which usually consists of a total abdominal colectomy with end ileostomy.’
- ‘The February 2001 AORN Journal will feature one Home Study Program that discusses treating benign colon disorders using laparoscopic colectomy.’
- ‘The circulating nurse must coordinate the room setup and equipment for a laparoscopic sigmoid colectomy and laparoscopic right colectomy.’
- ‘Low anterior colon resection and right colectomy are two laparoscopic approaches to treat benign bowel disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.