One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Light accompanied by little or no heat; luminescence.
- ‘My times are generally longer than those provided by Gordon Hutchings (I agitate less, optimize for cold light, and seek maximum shadow detail).’
- ‘The gas inside the tube excites the phosphor, which creates a cold light that will glow for ten years without any external power source.’
- ‘The boxes are flat against the wall, their cruciform vacancy is lit by the kind of cold light associated with ultraviolet sterilisers.’
- ‘Leaf illumination was provided by two cold light sources FL - 400 (Walz Inc., Germany).’
- ‘The lights in the necklace, fireflies, and glowing ocean are all caused by chemiluminescence - light made by a chemical reaction that produces light but no heat, cold light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.