One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of metal) having been rolled into sheets while cold, resulting in a smooth, hard finish.
- ‘The highest tariff rate applies to hot-rolled and cold-rolled steel sheets, while tin-plated steel plates carry a 25% tariff.’
- ‘In March, metal shop owner Karla Aaron ordered 500 sheets of the same cold-rolled steel she bought for $2 each in January.’
- ‘Prices for cold-rolled steel and ethylene have already dropped sharply, and auto prices have fallen as much as 20% in the past 12 months.’
- ‘Glass mosaic tile is used for the backsplash, the countertop is cold-rolled steel, and a storage cabinet of birch includes a built-in hamper to keep dirty clothes from landing on the floor.’
- ‘In June this year, eight major U.S. steelmakers, including Bethlehem Steel Corp. and USX Corp., filed a petition with the Commerce Department and the ITC on the cold-rolled steel products.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.