Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of metal) having been rolled into sheets while cold, resulting in a smooth hard finish.
- ‘Prices for cold-rolled steel and ethylene have already dropped sharply, and auto prices have fallen as much as 20% in the past 12 months.’
- ‘The highest tariff rate applies to hot-rolled and cold-rolled steel sheets, while tin-plated steel plates carry a 25% tariff.’
- ‘In June this year, eight major U.S. steelmakers, including Bethlehem Steel Corp. and USX Corp., filed a petition with the Commerce Department and the ITC on the cold-rolled steel products.’
- ‘Glass mosaic tile is used for the backsplash, the countertop is cold-rolled steel, and a storage cabinet of birch includes a built-in hamper to keep dirty clothes from landing on the floor.’
- ‘In March, metal shop owner Karla Aaron ordered 500 sheets of the same cold-rolled steel she bought for $2 each in January.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.