One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So I decided to approach this subject fairly cold-bloodedly.’
- ‘He acted cold-bloodedly and could do the same thing to me or, more importantly, my family.’
- ‘In this country, in any part of the world, the law should be if you cold-bloodedly take a life, then you deserve to have your own taken in punishment.’
- ‘But there are solid grounds for believing that the police deliberately set off on a mission of assassination and cold-bloodedly murdered him in his bed.’
- ‘The gunman cold-bloodedly shot the officer in the head, the bullet passing through the PC's hand and arm as he tried to defend himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.