One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A yellow compound present in the corms of colchicums, used to relieve pain in cases of gout.
- ‘The Goodwins compare the episode to the rise, fall, and resurrection of such treatments as giving the plant extract colchicine for the pain of gout.’
- ‘Sivagnanam wonders if our patients settled because of the residual effect of the previously administered high dose colchicine that we had stopped; we only reintroduced colchicine, however, if the gout was not settling or was worsening.’
- ‘The reduction of pain in the study joint was consistent between monoarticular and polyarticular gout and across subgroups defined by concomitant use of allopurinol, colchicine, or both.’
- ‘Examples include the analgesics morphine and codeine, the antibiotic sanguinarine, the gout suppressant colchicine, and the muscle relaxant (+) tubocurarine.’
- ‘Medical treatment with agents such as corticosteroids, colchicine, penicillamine, and ursodeoxycholic acid has not been shown to retard progression of liver disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.