One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The complement of the latitude; the difference between latitude and 90°.
- ‘Here is a table of the number of daylight hours as a function of the time of year for the first 26 weeks of the solar year, for several co-latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere.’
- ‘If your co-latitude plus the declination of the star is greater than zero, then it will rise above your horizon at least sometime during the year.’
- ‘The greatest departures are for beams lying near the limit of our co-latitude range.’
- ‘Here that would be the angle between OP and the Earth's axis, known as the co-latitude of P.]’
- ‘Thus the co-latitude of 52 is 90-52 = 38 degrees.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.