One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of thought, learning, and mental organization, which draws on aspects of psychology, linguistics, philosophy, and computer modeling.
- ‘He is associate professor of psychology, cognitive science and neuroscience at the University of Arizona.’
- ‘His website has lots of good references and writings on interesting themes in cognitive science and philosophy of mind.’
- ‘As a result, the Chinese Room argument has probably been the most widely discussed philosophical argument in cognitive science to appear in the in the past 25 years.’
- ‘A substantial and growing area of psychological research, cognitive science, knowingly and by design magnifies internal validity at the expense of external validity.’
- ‘He doesn't really offer any new groundbreaking or revolutionary theories about specific aspects of melancholy or any approach to cognitive science.’
- ‘Her work spans anthropology, psychology, cognitive science, philosophy, and religious studies as well as linguistics.’
- ‘It is high time for clinicians to integrate the empirical findings of cognitive science with psychodynamic theory.’
- ‘By incorporating the insights of cognitive science into the study of infant development, he has made remarkable progress in determining how humans learn.’
- ‘His research is a serious scientific enterprise and it combines brain scan technology, cognitive science, and philosophical reasoning.’
- ‘Behaviorism, not cognitive science or psychology, offers a misleading account of what is inside the head.’
- ‘Behavioural science and cognitive science also differ not only in how they do research but in what questions they want to answer.’
- ‘Yet there has been real overlap between philosophy and cognitive science in ontology.’
- ‘How can we benefit from an understanding of cognitive science and evolutionary psychology?’
- ‘He is a recognized expert in linguistics and cognitive science, the study of the philosophy and psychology of the mind and intelligence.’
- ‘To a cognitive linguist, cognitive science is about how thinking and language interact.’
- ‘This kind of blending of psychological and philosophical issues is a familiar feature of the work of contemporary philosophers writing about cognitive science.’
- ‘This area has been influenced by cognitive science and recent developments include an interest in cognitively tacit or unaware decision-making of various sorts.’
- ‘But the interdisciplinary field of cognitive science is relevant to philosophy in several ways.’
- ‘These three authors represent, respectively, the fields of anthropology, cognitive science, and philosophy of biology.’
- ‘The failure of classical programming to match the flexibility and efficiency of human cognition is by their lights a symptom of the need for a new paradigm in cognitive science.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.