One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of thought, learning, and mental organization, which draws on aspects of psychology, linguistics, philosophy, and computer modeling.
- ‘How can we benefit from an understanding of cognitive science and evolutionary psychology?’
- ‘He is a recognized expert in linguistics and cognitive science, the study of the philosophy and psychology of the mind and intelligence.’
- ‘To a cognitive linguist, cognitive science is about how thinking and language interact.’
- ‘He doesn't really offer any new groundbreaking or revolutionary theories about specific aspects of melancholy or any approach to cognitive science.’
- ‘He is associate professor of psychology, cognitive science and neuroscience at the University of Arizona.’
- ‘His website has lots of good references and writings on interesting themes in cognitive science and philosophy of mind.’
- ‘Behavioural science and cognitive science also differ not only in how they do research but in what questions they want to answer.’
- ‘Behaviorism, not cognitive science or psychology, offers a misleading account of what is inside the head.’
- ‘This kind of blending of psychological and philosophical issues is a familiar feature of the work of contemporary philosophers writing about cognitive science.’
- ‘The failure of classical programming to match the flexibility and efficiency of human cognition is by their lights a symptom of the need for a new paradigm in cognitive science.’
- ‘These three authors represent, respectively, the fields of anthropology, cognitive science, and philosophy of biology.’
- ‘Yet there has been real overlap between philosophy and cognitive science in ontology.’
- ‘But the interdisciplinary field of cognitive science is relevant to philosophy in several ways.’
- ‘It is high time for clinicians to integrate the empirical findings of cognitive science with psychodynamic theory.’
- ‘His research is a serious scientific enterprise and it combines brain scan technology, cognitive science, and philosophical reasoning.’
- ‘This area has been influenced by cognitive science and recent developments include an interest in cognitively tacit or unaware decision-making of various sorts.’
- ‘Her work spans anthropology, psychology, cognitive science, philosophy, and religious studies as well as linguistics.’
- ‘By incorporating the insights of cognitive science into the study of infant development, he has made remarkable progress in determining how humans learn.’
- ‘As a result, the Chinese Room argument has probably been the most widely discussed philosophical argument in cognitive science to appear in the in the past 25 years.’
- ‘A substantial and growing area of psychological research, cognitive science, knowingly and by design magnifies internal validity at the expense of external validity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.