One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic computational device that extends the capability of human cognition or sense perception.
- ‘In short, a cognitive prosthesis is a computational tool that amplifies or extends a person's thought and perception, much as eyeglasses are prostheses that improve vision.’
- ‘The difference is that a cognitive prosthesis magnifies strengths in human intellect rather than corrects presumed deficiencies in it.’
- ‘They interpret ‘thinking’ in a narrow sense, and conclude that the brain is a cognitive prosthesis, something added to the soul to enhance its computing power.’
- ‘As a result, students with mild disabilities have an urgent unmet need for assistive technology that serves as a cognitive prosthesis.’
- ‘In the role of cognitive prosthesis, the technology replaces or circumvents an ability that is absent or impaired.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.