One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The final theory has been called the theory of cognateness, and purports that both codes had been influenced from a common Semitic background.’
- ‘Using the same evolutionist principles of cognateness and continuity, he attempted to reconstruct a common Ur-Germanic mythology.’
- ‘The selection from Vesdin's unpublished diary written in German before his departure to India in 1776 indicates his early lay reflections on the language cognateness.’
- ‘Much rather may we hold with scholars like Delitzsch and Kittel, that the relation is one of cognateness, not of derivation.’
- ‘This is a question related to the cognateness of a faculty's programs and mission, which is discussed briefly below.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.