One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The generation of electricity and other energy jointly, especially the utilization of the steam left over from electricity generation to produce heat.
- ‘The power plant uses the revenues from credits to fund cogeneration with the excess steam it generates.’
- ‘This method, called cogeneration, allows a facility to produce electricity and then heat domestic hot water or create steam to operate absorption chillers.’
- ‘Even small firms engage in cogeneration (heat and power) via fuel cells and microturbines.’
- ‘In cogeneration, the exhaust steam or heat for producing electricity or manufacturing is used again to drive the machines for another factory or for more electricity production.’
- ‘The country gets about 56,000 mw of electrical generation from combined heat and power or cogeneration, according to data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.