One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being clear, logical, and convincing; lucidity.‘the cogency of this argument’
strength, force, power, potency, weight, plausibility, effectiveness, efficacy, soundness, validity, foundationView synonyms
- ‘If this post lacks my usual cogency and clarity, let me know.’
- ‘It was replete with mathematical formulas and stated his case with a rare cogency and persuasiveness.’
- ‘Their basic message that peace and security depend on just economic and political practices continues to have cogency and power.’
- ‘The validity of a viewpoint seemed to hinge on the author's pedigree rather than on the cogency of his argument.’
- ‘The submissions made to us do not reach the minimum cogency required to persuade me that we should direct a re-hearing of the issue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.