One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The trigonometric function of the complement of an angle or arc.
- ‘Students will be able to use reciprocals, quotients, Pythagorean identities, cofunctions, and composite-arguments to prove trig identities.’
- ‘Similarly, tan x and cot x are cofunctions of each other, and sec x and csc x are cofunctions of each other.’
- ‘The question wants an angle less than 45º, so we use our cofunctions.’
- ‘Students will learn how to write a function in terms of its cofunction or how to solve for an angle given a cofunction equality.’
- ‘There will be a sheet of formulas for trig functions: double and half-angle, cofunctions, addition and subtraction, sum and product.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.