One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The joint at the top of a horse's hoof.
- ‘He is now retired due to navicular changes and fusion of the coffin joints in both front feet.’
- ‘Ringbone, a lameness disease of the pastern and coffin joints, is a degenerative disorder that has no cure.’
- ‘There have been horses that were constantly having their coffin joints injected with medications to keep them sound.’
- ‘As the coffin joint flexes, the deep digital flexor tendon glides against the navicular bone.’
- ‘The corrective shoeing consists of shortening the toe and applying a full roller motion shoe to transfer the action from the pastern and coffin joints to the shoe area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.