Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The joint at the top of a horse's hoof.
- ‘As the coffin joint flexes, the deep digital flexor tendon glides against the navicular bone.’
- ‘The corrective shoeing consists of shortening the toe and applying a full roller motion shoe to transfer the action from the pastern and coffin joints to the shoe area.’
- ‘He is now retired due to navicular changes and fusion of the coffin joints in both front feet.’
- ‘Ringbone, a lameness disease of the pastern and coffin joints, is a degenerative disorder that has no cure.’
- ‘There have been horses that were constantly having their coffin joints injected with medications to keep them sound.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.