One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small machine for grinding roasted coffee beans.
- ‘The liver was cut into small pieces, placed in an aluminum drying pan, oven-dried to constant mass at 80 deg C, and then ground using a coffee grinder.’
- ‘They must buy a coffee grinder for the whole beans that he usually sells.’
- ‘My stepdad has quit drinking coffee (so back to the store goes the coffee grinder I got him for Christmas) and consumes great quantities of green tea.’
- ‘The other day, I went to buy a coffee grinder, and came back with a piano tuning fork.’
- ‘To avoid clumps, you may grind oatmeal into a powder (using a coffee grinder, for instance) before mixing it with other ingredients.’
- ‘The clatter of breakfast dishes competes with the din of the churning coffee grinder for Most Annoying Background Sound award for those seated in the booths near the counter.’
- ‘‘I grind it in my coffee grinder and keep it in a little bag in the fridge,’ she reveals.’
- ‘He reduced it to dust again in a borrowed coffee grinder.’
- ‘To make an inexpensive and effective facial scrub, finely grind 1/2 cup of rolled oats in a blender or a clean coffee grinder.’
- ‘Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.’
- ‘I bought an extra coffee grinder to use for spices, looked over a passel of recipes and set to work.’
- ‘Place the coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds in a coffee grinder or blender and grind coarsely.’
- ‘Place the coffee beans and sugar lumps into a coffee grinder, blitz until coarsely ground.’
- ‘To make the calcium in sesame seeds digestible, you need to break open the hulls with a coffee grinder.’
- ‘You'll need a coffee grinder in order to make the paste.’
- ‘I came over one morning and saw him hunched over the kitchen table with the tiny coffee grinder, turning the clippings into a soft green dust.’
- ‘Then just toss it in your coffee grinder, but don't forget to clean the grinder afterwards’
- ‘Within seconds, she'd fallen asleep, almost as if the hum of the coffee grinder had lulled her into dreamland.’
- ‘It was my job to stand on a chair and turn the handle on the coffee grinder while she measured in the dark beans.’
- ‘‘Well,’ he calls over the loud coffee grinder, ‘it was the most fun I've had in ages.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.