One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small machine for grinding roasted coffee beans.
- ‘To avoid clumps, you may grind oatmeal into a powder (using a coffee grinder, for instance) before mixing it with other ingredients.’
- ‘Then just toss it in your coffee grinder, but don't forget to clean the grinder afterwards’
- ‘You'll need a coffee grinder in order to make the paste.’
- ‘My stepdad has quit drinking coffee (so back to the store goes the coffee grinder I got him for Christmas) and consumes great quantities of green tea.’
- ‘Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.’
- ‘The other day, I went to buy a coffee grinder, and came back with a piano tuning fork.’
- ‘‘I grind it in my coffee grinder and keep it in a little bag in the fridge,’ she reveals.’
- ‘Place the coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds in a coffee grinder or blender and grind coarsely.’
- ‘I came over one morning and saw him hunched over the kitchen table with the tiny coffee grinder, turning the clippings into a soft green dust.’
- ‘‘Well,’ he calls over the loud coffee grinder, ‘it was the most fun I've had in ages.’’
- ‘He reduced it to dust again in a borrowed coffee grinder.’
- ‘It was my job to stand on a chair and turn the handle on the coffee grinder while she measured in the dark beans.’
- ‘They must buy a coffee grinder for the whole beans that he usually sells.’
- ‘Within seconds, she'd fallen asleep, almost as if the hum of the coffee grinder had lulled her into dreamland.’
- ‘Place the coffee beans and sugar lumps into a coffee grinder, blitz until coarsely ground.’
- ‘I bought an extra coffee grinder to use for spices, looked over a passel of recipes and set to work.’
- ‘The liver was cut into small pieces, placed in an aluminum drying pan, oven-dried to constant mass at 80 deg C, and then ground using a coffee grinder.’
- ‘To make the calcium in sesame seeds digestible, you need to break open the hulls with a coffee grinder.’
- ‘The clatter of breakfast dishes competes with the din of the churning coffee grinder for Most Annoying Background Sound award for those seated in the booths near the counter.’
- ‘To make an inexpensive and effective facial scrub, finely grind 1/2 cup of rolled oats in a blender or a clean coffee grinder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.