One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small machine for grinding roasted coffee beans.
- ‘They must buy a coffee grinder for the whole beans that he usually sells.’
- ‘Place the coffee beans and sugar lumps into a coffee grinder, blitz until coarsely ground.’
- ‘To make an inexpensive and effective facial scrub, finely grind 1/2 cup of rolled oats in a blender or a clean coffee grinder.’
- ‘I bought an extra coffee grinder to use for spices, looked over a passel of recipes and set to work.’
- ‘To avoid clumps, you may grind oatmeal into a powder (using a coffee grinder, for instance) before mixing it with other ingredients.’
- ‘Place the coriander, cumin, peppercorns, and fenugreek seeds in a coffee grinder or blender and grind coarsely.’
- ‘To make the calcium in sesame seeds digestible, you need to break open the hulls with a coffee grinder.’
- ‘The liver was cut into small pieces, placed in an aluminum drying pan, oven-dried to constant mass at 80 deg C, and then ground using a coffee grinder.’
- ‘I came over one morning and saw him hunched over the kitchen table with the tiny coffee grinder, turning the clippings into a soft green dust.’
- ‘My stepdad has quit drinking coffee (so back to the store goes the coffee grinder I got him for Christmas) and consumes great quantities of green tea.’
- ‘The clatter of breakfast dishes competes with the din of the churning coffee grinder for Most Annoying Background Sound award for those seated in the booths near the counter.’
- ‘‘I grind it in my coffee grinder and keep it in a little bag in the fridge,’ she reveals.’
- ‘Then just toss it in your coffee grinder, but don't forget to clean the grinder afterwards’
- ‘He reduced it to dust again in a borrowed coffee grinder.’
- ‘It was my job to stand on a chair and turn the handle on the coffee grinder while she measured in the dark beans.’
- ‘Within seconds, she'd fallen asleep, almost as if the hum of the coffee grinder had lulled her into dreamland.’
- ‘Simply grind in a coffee grinder or high-powered blender 3 measures of linseed, two measures of sunflower seeds and one measure of almonds to make a delicious nutty tasting powder.’
- ‘You'll need a coffee grinder in order to make the paste.’
- ‘The other day, I went to buy a coffee grinder, and came back with a piano tuning fork.’
- ‘‘Well,’ he calls over the loud coffee grinder, ‘it was the most fun I've had in ages.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.