One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a light brown color like that of milky coffee.‘coffee-colored creek water’‘he was wearing a coffee-colored jacket’
- ‘The interior is light coffee-coloured leather with matching carpets.’
- ‘She opted for a pretty coffee-colored lipstick paired with dark liner and soft shadow.’
- ‘The coffee-colored interior of our test car looked clean and modern.’
- ‘Seemingly endless rain turned the normally scenic rivers and creeks into coffee-colored rapids.’
- ‘From birth I have been blessed with a coffee-coloured birth mark near my mouth.’
- ‘The water reeked, was coffee-colored, and had a pungent overtone because of waste from the nearby pulp-and-paper mill.’
- ‘I'm in a white teeshirt and coffee-colored cotton shorts.’
- ‘Coffee-colored floodwaters cascaded downstream from the Colorado Rockies on Friday.’
- ‘Our Deluxe room on the 23rd floor was spacious, with modern decor of coffee-coloured walls, a tall leather headboard, and curtains in a brown satin fabric.’
- ‘She'd pulled her coffee-colored curls into a pile on top of her head with a few stray ringlets making their escape.’
- ‘Its sauce—a bold, coffee-colored liquid—mashes ginger, palm sugar, garlic, apples, and sesame oil.’
- ‘It is a good job I was wearing coffee-coloured trousers when the ball hit my cup and sent it flying in my direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.