Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Extend equally through the same space or period of time.
- ‘Nebulin is a giant protein of skeletal muscle which coextends with actin filaments.’
- ‘In northwestern Indiana the Traverse continues onto the crestal area of the Kankakee Arch and coextends with the North Vernon Limestone of central and southern Indiana.’
- ‘Coextension theory states that the mind is united to the body in so far as it is coextended with the body in being whole in the whole and whole in the parts.’
- ‘According to mystical traditions, the living human body is coextended by a duplicate.’
- ‘It seems that concepts can differ even when they not only necessarily coextend but when the words that express them are synonymous.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.