One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extend equally through the same space or period of time.
- ‘In northwestern Indiana the Traverse continues onto the crestal area of the Kankakee Arch and coextends with the North Vernon Limestone of central and southern Indiana.’
- ‘According to mystical traditions, the living human body is coextended by a duplicate.’
- ‘Coextension theory states that the mind is united to the body in so far as it is coextended with the body in being whole in the whole and whole in the parts.’
- ‘Nebulin is a giant protein of skeletal muscle which coextends with actin filaments.’
- ‘It seems that concepts can differ even when they not only necessarily coextend but when the words that express them are synonymous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.