One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The influence of closely associated species on each other in their evolution.
- ‘The co-evolution of plant surfaces and insect pads results from a competition between insect attachment systems and plant anti-attachment surfaces.’
- ‘This would add greatly to our knowledge of natural selection and co-evolution in plant-pathogen populations.’
- ‘Because of this long period of co-evolution, dogs are the most attuned of animals to our own species needs and ways of living.’
- ‘Several types of co-evolution have been described in the literature about evolution, including mutualism, character displacement and host-pathogen evolution.’
- ‘Recent work shows that these theorems don't hold in the case of co-evolution, when two or more species evolve in response to one another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.