Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1United or inseparable in essence or being.
- ‘We are living members of this marvelous and fascinating organism, nourished by the sacramental, hierarchical and charismatic gifts which are coessential to it.’
- ‘The Cardinal's reflections elaborated an understanding that the charismatic and institutional aspects are quasi coessential to the constitution of the Church.’
- ‘God is the being whose coessential goodness is its reason for doing infinite and eternal good.’
- ‘And for this we need to experience ourselves not only in our own bodies, but also as being coessential to the one we care for.’
- ‘God is the Creator from all eternity, and he creates when He wills, in His infinite goodness, through His coessential Logos and Spirit.’
- ‘Four ancient bishops some 130 years ago censured those who said that the Son was a creature and not coessential with the Father.’
- ‘This is done with the help of the hands of consciousness that extend from the spiritual heart and are coessential to it.’
- 1.1Having the same substance or essence.
- ‘Unconventional Landscapes by Melissa Martinez and Mary Shindell are multimedia coessential installations and will be on display from November to January.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.