One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The resistance of a magnetic material to changes in magnetization, equivalent to the field intensity necessary to demagnetize the fully magnetized material.
- ‘A fundamental challenge researchers are facing is that high media coercivity is normally associated with an increased difficulty in writing.’
- ‘The straightforward remedy is to adopt magnetic materials of higher coercivity, meaning they are harder both to magnetize and to demagnetize.’
- ‘The coercivity of haematite exceeds that of magnetite, and hence this technique is of little use on haematite-dominated magnetizations.’
- ‘To enable increased bit and track densities, media manufacturers have used increasing coercivity for every successive generation of tape products.’
- ‘Magnetic stripes are defined by coercivity, or how densely the magnetic particles are packed into the stripe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.