One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are only two ways of getting what you want from others: voluntarily or coercively.’
- ‘It is controversial which of these ideals, if any, are morally acceptable, and which, if any, should be coercively enforced as requirements of justice.’
- ‘These technologies can be used coercively in a way polygraphs, for example, can't.’
- ‘This has become such a coercively powerful myth that it is now beyond all dissection or analysis.’
- ‘If it becomes very powerful, we're going to find that it may use its power either directly or coercively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.