One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If it becomes very powerful, we're going to find that it may use its power either directly or coercively.’
- ‘It is controversial which of these ideals, if any, are morally acceptable, and which, if any, should be coercively enforced as requirements of justice.’
- ‘There are only two ways of getting what you want from others: voluntarily or coercively.’
- ‘These technologies can be used coercively in a way polygraphs, for example, can't.’
- ‘This has become such a coercively powerful myth that it is now beyond all dissection or analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.