One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nonprotein compound that is necessary for the functioning of an enzyme.
- ‘This conformational changing process is strengthened by the increase in the affinity of the enzyme and for its coenzymes during hibernation.’
- ‘These are the essential building blocks of proteins and further sources of reduced sulphur for the synthesis of coenzymes and various secondary compounds.’
- ‘These coenzymes then work with enzymes to perform vital activities within the cell.’
- ‘For example, our need for vitamins is due to the fact that they function as coenzymes in many metabolic processes.’
- ‘Many prosthetic groups and coenzymes are water-soluble derivatives of vitamins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.