Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer programmer, especially an inexperienced or unskillful one.
- ‘Staff canteens in game companies may well offer haute cuisine or lean cuisine, but what hardcore game code monkeys eat is strictly fast food.’
- ‘I learned something interesting from my friend Chris the code monkey this week.’
- ‘Anything which helps a 35-year-old code monkey find a girlfriend must surely make the world a more loving, caring place.’
- ‘Well, unless the code monkeys have got to it yet, the HTML does have a bug.’
- ‘I'm a code monkey and I get a kick out of messing around with the system, as it were, but I'm hardly a particularly exciting guy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.