One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer programmer, especially an inexperienced or unskillful one.
- ‘Anything which helps a 35-year-old code monkey find a girlfriend must surely make the world a more loving, caring place.’
- ‘Staff canteens in game companies may well offer haute cuisine or lean cuisine, but what hardcore game code monkeys eat is strictly fast food.’
- ‘I learned something interesting from my friend Chris the code monkey this week.’
- ‘I'm a code monkey and I get a kick out of messing around with the system, as it were, but I'm hardly a particularly exciting guy.’
- ‘Well, unless the code monkeys have got to it yet, the HTML does have a bug.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.