One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of alternating between two or more languages or varieties of language in conversation.‘the conversational code-switching of the German-American bilingual community’
- ‘Because of code-switching, it seems unlikely that a colloquial variety of English alone will develop.’
- ‘Another interesting trend in the interviews was that several children naturally used code-switching (Korean to English or vice versa) during the picture book reading interactions with their mothers.’
- ‘Rather than choose constant code-switching without translation into English, she simply allows in her writing what linguists call interference.’
- ‘Widespread code-switching often indicates greater or less shift towards the more dominant of the two languages.’
- ‘Another of her interests is bilingualism and code-switching among bilinguals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.