One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A milky white liquid expressed from coconut meat, used as a base in cooking.
- ‘Soon, everyone around the table is eating rice and sugar awash with coconut milk and all are laughing at the delight.’
- ‘The Thai mussels were also wonderful, having been steamed with coconut milk and green curry sauce.’
- ‘The next morning I mixed in some lime zest and added some more cold coconut milk because the rice had sucked up all the moisture.’
- ‘Many dishes add coconut milk or peanut flour to make the food taste richer.’
- ‘Add the fish sauce, lime juice, coconut milk, salt and sugar, and purée until you have a thick paste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.