One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fatty substance obtained from cocoa beans, used in the manufacture of confectionery and cosmetics.
- ‘Commonly suggested remedies such as cocoa butter, vitamin E oil and other preparations or creams have no evidence that they actually work.’
- ‘In the late 1800s, a Dutchman invented the cocoa press, which could separate the ground beans into cocoa powder and cocoa butter.’
- ‘To make chocolate, processors mix the cocoa liquor with cocoa butter, sugar and, to create milk chocolate, different forms of milk.’
- ‘With its higher percentages of cocoa solids and cocoa butter, this is what hard-core chocolate craving is all about.’
- ‘Chalk up these good-for-the-skin benefits to the essential ingredient cocoa butter - a moisture-rich vegetable fat that can help soothe dry skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.