A cacao seed.
- ‘Cocoa liquor, the derivative of the cocoa bean used in milk and dark chocolates that is absent from white chocolate, contains most of the antioxidants.’
- ‘They are two of the biggest exporters of chocolates and processed coffee even though they don't produce a single cocoa bean between them.’
- ‘The cocoa bean is a fairly nutritious food, containing polyphenols which may benefit the heart and circulation.’
- ‘A 25-minute film shows what happens from the time the cocoa bean is picked until it ends up as chocolate.’
- ‘I meet some lively Africans from the Ivory Coast, who split open a cocoa bean and fed me the slippery seeds within.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.