One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a brown color like that of cocoa powder.
hazel, chocolate-coloured, coffee-coloured, cocoa-coloured, nut-brownView synonyms
- ‘The walls are pale beige with lots of white wood trim and a few cocoa-colored accents.’
- ‘Gazing from the brink of Utah's Dead Horse Point State Park, with the cocoa-colored Colorado River swirling 2,000 feet below, I tick off these sandstone formations, trying to memorize the ingredients of the geologic layer cake that surrounds me.’
- ‘As he began speaking, he lowered his small cocoa-coloured eyes and stared intensely at the ground.’
- ‘This is a big, beautiful, multimillion-dollar space with dark wood columns, cocoa-colored walls and tablecloths and mural-style paintings of cattle.’
- ‘They have to have a bright cream background color with distinctive cocoa-colored markings.’
- ‘His hostess, Lady Savile, was in black satin with a chiffon Directoire coat outlined with oxydized silver embroideries and a pale cocoa-colored ostrich feather encircling the crown of her black hat.’
- ‘J. B. is sporting hipster shades and a cocoa-colored cowboy hat.’
- ‘He disappeared into an anteroom for about 10 minutes and then emerged with a small paper bag filled with a cocoa-colored powder and an envelope containing brown pellets that looked to me like rabbit dung.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.