One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for orchard grass
- ‘Allow natural colonisation of seed tussocky grasses such as cocksfoot and Yorkshire fog.’
- ‘He joined his father in the grass seeding from an early age, first as billy boy and then cutting the cocksfoot.’
- ‘In the field experiment, two cultivars of cocksfoot and their hybrid were compared.’
- ‘We drove a few miles to the visitor centre, and then walked along a nature trail, surrounded by knapweed and cocksfoot, home to butterflies and dragonflies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.