One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His fellow sellers immediately started packing up their magazines, but he cockily urged them to ‘carry on selling’.’
- ‘She told the room - confidently, almost cockily - that the election was in the bag.’
- ‘‘I know you better than that,’ he cockily snickers.’
- ‘About the time he turned 40, the once cockily independent writer had begun collaborating again.’
- ‘‘If you think I'm going to tell you anything,’ the guard said cockily, ‘you're mistaken.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.