Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A dog resulting from a cross between a cocker spaniel and a miniature poodle.
- ‘The most popular hybrids are goldendoodles (golden retriever mix), Labradoodles, schnoodles, and cockapoos (cocker spaniel).’
- ‘The Labradoodle, Yorkipoo, cockapoo, and schnoodle are the latest designer hybrid dogs to hit the catwalk.’
- ‘My adorable little cockapoo (cocker spaniel-poodle mix), Midnight, dashed up to me.’
- ‘Having a dog that is part spaniel and part poodle isn't enough - it has to be a cockapoo.’
- ‘We got a phone call from our former sister-in-law who asked if we would take Scooter, a great cockapoo / border collie who was 8 years old.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.