One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounBiology
- ‘Amongst the affected species are microscopic marine plants called coccolithophorids, which lie at the base of the marine food-chain and are part of the ‘meadows of the sea’ on which most marine life ultimately depends.’
- ‘Corals, some types of mollusk, and tiny planktonic organisms called foraminifers and coccolithophorids could all be affected.’
- ‘The coccolithophorids range in age from Triassic to Recent, and form a major constituent of Mesozoic and Tertiary chalks.’
- ‘It is well known that an increase in atmospheric pCO2 slows down calcification in living coccolithophorids.’
- ‘There are several hundred living species of this group, which includes the benign coccolithophorids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.