One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounBiology
- ‘It is well known that an increase in atmospheric pCO2 slows down calcification in living coccolithophorids.’
- ‘There are several hundred living species of this group, which includes the benign coccolithophorids.’
- ‘Amongst the affected species are microscopic marine plants called coccolithophorids, which lie at the base of the marine food-chain and are part of the ‘meadows of the sea’ on which most marine life ultimately depends.’
- ‘The coccolithophorids range in age from Triassic to Recent, and form a major constituent of Mesozoic and Tertiary chalks.’
- ‘Corals, some types of mollusk, and tiny planktonic organisms called foraminifers and coccolithophorids could all be affected.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.