Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Parasitic protozoa of a group that includes those that cause diseases such as coccidiosis and toxoplasmosis.
- ‘We used fecal egg counts to measure intensity of infection by T. tenuis worms and coccidia.’
- ‘We added the chemical to the drinking water during the pretreatment period to prevent the spread of coccidia, a common endoparasite of house finches.’
- ‘I tested these hypotheses experimentally in a host-parasite system involving wild turkeys and their intestinal protozoal parasites, the eimerian coccidia.’
- ‘We tested whether male finches with experimentally elevated testosterone would be more likely to harbor coccidia, protozoan parasites that may cause coccidiosis.’
- ‘Drug-resistant coccidia parasites are on the rise, reducing the effectiveness of antibiotics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.