(the condition due to) excessive use of or addiction to cocaine.
- ‘In all of these, it should be used for short periods, and any symptoms of cocainism should be a warning to cease its administration.’
- ‘This question cannot be treated exclusively in reference to alcoholism, morphinism, cocainism, etc., which all reasonable men acknowledge to be evils.’
- ‘In the opinion of the committee, coca chewing must be considered a form of cocainism.’
- ‘It is only too true that alcoholism, cocainism, and other supposed means of getting beyond a monotonous daily life are becoming increasingly prevalent among women.’
- ‘We will discuss clinically important new techniques in other areas of treatment, including treatments for cocainism and surgery for resistant obesity as well.’