One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Does the creator of these twisted tales inhabit dank, cobwebby rooms with dusty velvet curtains and candles everywhere?’
- ‘It seems to flaunt a certain tatty extravagance, like worn plush furnishings in a cobwebby drawing room.’
- ‘They crouched in the cobwebby corner behind a pile of boxes.’
- ‘It swung open to reveal a battered, cobwebby wooden staircase that wound down into a shadowy cave beneath the surface.’
- ‘I looked into the blue sky with cobwebby white clouds and no wind; it was so peaceful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.