Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computer-controlled robotic device designed to assist a person.
- ‘A new class of intelligent assist devices - called cobots, a conflation of the words collaborative and robot - are being tested on experimental assembly lines.’
- ‘Within the space of a few years, cobots might revolutionize the manufacturing process as we know it.’
- ‘With the cobot, all the worker will need to do is push or pull the door, and the cobot will guide it.’
- ‘We investigated the movements of seven operators with the cobot in representative environments.’
- ‘Prototype cobots are being used on automobile assembly lines to help guide heavy components like seats and dashboards into cars.’
Blend of collaborative and robot.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.